Who we are
Music Alliance Ireland/Comhaontas Ceoil na hÉireann is a group of organisations and companies that have come together to establish a collective voice for the music sector on the island of Ireland.
The group was formed in the spring of 2020 and has been involved in a number of advocacy campaigns since.
The current members are the Contemporary Music Centre, Crash Ensemble, Diatribe Records, Improvised Music Company, The Journal of Music, Kirkos, Music Network and Trad Ireland/Traid Éireann.
The group meets ten times a year and is open to new members.
Music Alliance Ireland is a collective voice for the music sector on the island of Ireland. Our current aims are:
- To establish a network and voice for music organisations and musicians.
- To advocate for policies that support the development of all aspects of music, including education.
- To work for the establishment of flagship music hubs (spaces for rehearsal, collaboration, performance, administration, recording and equipment storage) in locations around Ireland.
- To campaign for proper pay for musicians.
- To further the provision for music from Ireland in broadcasting and media.
- To support the development of the independent record label sector in Ireland.
JOIN MUSIC ALLIANCE IRELAND
Music Alliance Ireland is open to individuals and organisations involved in music on the island of Ireland.
Becoming a member helps address issues important to the music sector and the people working within it.
- Being part of a vibrant network of knowledge sharing;
- Invitations to public meetings so you can share your views in person;
- The option to put yourself or your organisation forward to the steering group when places are available;
- The opportunity to put forward agenda items for discussion at Music Alliance Ireland steering group meetings;
- An email newsletter when we have news to share.
To apply for membership, please provide the details below.
Individuals and organisations with an annual turnover of < €50k: No fee
Organisation’s annual turnover is > €50k: €50 fee per 12 months
Organisation’s annual turnover is > €100k: €100 fee per 12 months
Organisation’s annual turnover is > €250k: €250 fee per 12 months
We welcome donations towards the work of Music Alliance Ireland
Steering group places
All members can put themselves forward for the steering group.
New applications will be processed when places become available. Steering group membership is for three years. Meetings take place ten times a year, either online or in person. Steering group members may also be asked to attend public and work-related meetings outside of this as required.
Applications to the steering group will be considered in the context of existing members to endeavour to convene a diverse group to represent the sector as broadly as possible.
If you are interested in putting your name forward for steering group membership, please send us an email: email@example.com
Help Music Alliance Ireland Fulfill Our Goals With a Donation
How to get involved
If you are interested in keeping informed in what we are up to and developments in the music sector in Ireland you can sign up for our newsletter.